Makovich & Pusti Architects, Incorporated was founded in 1986 by Ronald J. Makovich, AIA and David J. Pusti, AIA. The success of the firm led to the addition of the Interior Design Studio in 1994. Additional growth occurred in 1996, when Makovich and Pusti acquired the firm of Poyer, Porcelli & Ramage, which had been in practice since 1938. In the year 2000, Makovich & Pusti purchased, renovated and relocated to a century building in historic downtown Berea, Ohio. Makovich & Pusti Architects, Inc. is organized around three studios: Healthcare Design, Education Design and Interior Design.